Loads of noticeable improvements since last time. The main difference is my finger placement. My teacher identified that it is too high up (thanks to a much better camera setup during classes) and is “choking” the sound. We adjusted my fingers farther down and I can play more with less effort and more control.
This recording was made right after class so my fingers were already warmed up.
Most of the recording is what I’ve been practicing the last month. The first part (at 172 BPM) is a kaida and some variations. The second part (at 126 BPM) are some dadra sets. My favorite is “Dha TT Dhin Dhin DhaTetDha, Dha Dha TRKT” because it makes a huge difference where you place your fingers for the first TT. There’s also a slight syncopation and gap before TT so it’s not uniform. I tried to play it here but this was probably a little too fast for that to come through nicely.